Use these resources to learn more about how school discipline practices effect youth arrests and outcomes, research your local district, and connect with potential allies.
- The Council of State Governments Justice Center, The School Discipline Consensus Report: Strategies from the Field to Keep Students Engaged in School and Out of the Juvenile Justice System.
- Kim, et. al., The School-to-Prison Pipeline (2010).
- Georgetown Law’s Center on Poverty and Inequality and the National Black Women’s Justice Institute, Be Her Resource: A Toolkit About School Resource Officers and Girls of Color.
- ACLU of Florida, End Zero Tolerance
- Teaching Tolerance, The School to Prison Pipeline (2013).
- ACLU School to Prison Pipeline Resources
- Strategies for Youth, Parent's Checklist for SROs in Your Children's Schools
Local Government Contacts
- Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, Civil Rights Data Collection.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Youth Online
- Florida Dept. of Juvenile Justice, Delinquency in Schools
- Florida Dept. of Education, Student Data Reports and Safe Schools
- Using Data, End Zero Tolerance
- Direct Action & Research Training Center
- Equality Florida – Safe and Healthy Schools
- Florida Education Association
- Florida Parent Teacher Association
- Florida Restorative Justice Association
- Florida School-Justice Partnerships
- National Organizations
- Advancement Project
- Annie E Casey Foundation
- Dignity in Schools
- National Juvenile Justice Network
- Strategies for Youth
To add your organization to this list or suggest other resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.