The ACLU of Florida Greater Miami Chapter is proud to present another in our Zoom webinar series on Thursday, September 9, at 7 p.m. “Civil Liberties and LGBTQ+ Rights in Florida” will feature four superb panelists who’ll discuss the history of LGBTQ+ rights in Florida as well as current legislative attempts to limit the rights of LGBTQ+ persons and advocacy and litigation to protect those rights. Topics will include Florida's recent ban on transgender children in sports and attempts to employ First Amendment religious freedom protections against discrimination of LGBTQ+ people both locally and nationally.
- Justin Klecha | Deputy Director - SAVE LGBTQ
- Joe Saunders | Senior Political Director - Equality Florida
- Trelvis Randolph | President - Wilkie D. Ferguson, Jr., Bar Association
- Reverend Timothy P. Carr | All Souls' Episcopal Church - Miami Beach
- moderator: Anna Neill | Federal Antitrust Attorney - ACLU Miami board
Please register in advance for the webinar. After registering, you’ll receive a confirmation email containing info about joining. We hope you can join us for this important conversation. Be sure to RSVP to let us know if you can make it — we look forward to seeing you!