We are actively hiring a part-time organizer for Duval County. Apply today!
ACLU of Florida Justice Voter Organizers are self-motivated, smart, persuasive, and energetic people who are interested in learning new skills and contributing to creating positive change in Florida and beyond.
- Recruit, train, manage, and motivate volunteers to build a base of support
- Hone your ability to share a compelling message with the public, help us broaden our connections for the electoral campaign we are working on, and engage more Floridians through phone banking, text banking, hosting public and virtual community events, and canvassing
- Help advance events and assist with turnout plans for volunteers, organizers, and surrogates
- Learn what it takes to put together a successful event by hosting public forums educating voters and creating a plan to vote in the 2023 municipal elections.
- Schedule and attend 1:1s with organizers to develop relationships with volunteers
- Assist volunteer leaders with the planning and execution of on-the-ground activities
- Meet daily reporting and data entry deadlines.
Strong candidates will have a commitment to progressive ideals and issues, excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, and the flexibility and temperament to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing political environment.
Candidates must reside in one of the following counties:
Candidates should also possess:
✔ Eagerness to learn and develop community organizing skills and tools
✔ Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets proficiency
✔ Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure and meet deadlines
✔ Energetic outlook and commitment to the mission and grassroots approach to change
✔ Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
✔ A team orientation that combines collegiality and creativity to drive and motivate others
✔ Must have a driver’s license and a working car
✔ Spanish and/or Haitian Kreyòl is a plus
- This is a part-time position (20 - 25 hours a week) lasting a maximum of three months.
- Compensation will be $25 an hour.
- To apply, email Krsha Sendón at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Justice Voter Part-Time Organizer - Duval" including a copy of your resume and cover letter.